Last week I started the first major test ride to Melbourne's hinterland. Sorry, you need only once for almost an hour to the city to leave behind, but then ...! You drive over a small hill (you hardly notice it) and suddenly extends at an the Yarra Valley with its green hills, forests and vineyards. The obligatory photo with the "Attention Kangaroo" sign has been fired and went through the Kinglake National Park
left from the main road not yet recognize the tragedy had happened here six months ago. The entire region around Melbourne a large bush fire had fallen victim. Many vineyards were replanted just getting back on some plots only were the brick chimneys of the other wooden gebauteten houses, the residents were living in caravans. Often people saw the sign "FOR SALE". Many had just lost everything. In the former "forest" resulted in a similarly frightening picture. I stopped the bike and got off at the following photos to make. A downright frightening (dead) silence. Only one Vogel quite far away was a dismal wail on its own. The trees that were still standing, were all jet black. A dead spot, so it seemed. But on closer examination of charred trees grew again fresh green branches.
The bike ran perfectly all the time. Pressing the electric starter and the engine jumps sofortan. The air-cooled single-cylinder is a true joy. Sustained power and with great speed range. Only the transitions do not go smoothly really. I hope that that will later not even a problem.
I give it to safety this week again on the service in the workshop. Brakes, oil, new rear tire. Then I feel ready for the big tour.
0 comments:
Post a Comment